Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chewy JUMBO Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are absolutely, by far the very best chocolate chip cookies you will ever bake!!! This is not your basic, original "nestles toll house" chocolate chip cookie recipe! I considered keeping it to myself but I decided to share - you will be sooooo glad that I did!!!





CHEWY JUMBO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Bake up a batch of these buttery rich giant cookies as a sweet surprise.

Preparation time: 30 min Baking time: 10 min
Yield: 26 jumbo cookies

4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups LAND O LAKES Unsalted Stick Butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) real semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips


Heat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding flour mixture, until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chunks.


Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. (DO NOT OVERBAKE.) Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire cooling rack.


For 2 1/2-inch cookies, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. 4 dozen cookies.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Seriously the best chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER! Don't ever let me make it again!! Haha ...I can't help but eat the whole plate and then want to throw up....no self control...none....zero. BTW...I put a link to this up on my blog this morning so all my friend can get fat, too. bwhahahahaha ...(evil laugh)

xo
Shelly :)

Deborah Ann said...

OMG, these look awesome! I LOVE chewy cookies. These will be perfect. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

Martha said...

Hi Deborah, Yes, these ARE awesome cookies! I think they are the BEST chocolate chip cookies that I have ever had! I hope that you & your family enjoyed them! Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!

Toyin O. said...

The cookies look yummy:)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns