Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Crock Pots

Just wanted to share a recipe from tonight! It was super easy and so, so good!!

I recently found a page on facebook called the Crock Pot Girls. I think I can say I knew them before they were famous.lol. Their popularity has grown tremendously in a very short while. I just can't figure out how this has become the "new fad' all of a sudden. Crock pots have been around forever. I guess with everyone leading such busy, crazy lifestyles in this day and age - they would become a big hit. So, yes, I have gone back to the old faithful crock pot and have made some amazing recipes lately.

Tonight I made crock pot chicken & dumplings. This was so easy & very delicious! I revised the recipe that I found on their page just a little. You can use the original recipes or make them your very own to please your family or maybe you need to use ingredients that you already have on the shelf. Have fun and enjoy!

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings

4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 onion (diced) (optional)
2 or 3 cans of the small homestyle biscuits

Cut the chicken breast in half. Salt, pepper & flour. Brown in a small amount of oil. Drain and then put in crock pot. Add the 2 cans of soup, butter and about 2 cans of water. Add more salt & pepper to taste. Let cook for about 4 or 5 hours depending on how fast your crock pot cooks. I have one that cooks really fast. After that cooks, tear each biscuit in 4 pieces and drop in the crock pot. Let biscuit dumplings cook for about 40 minutes.Open the lid and gently break the dumplings apart. That's it! Ready to enjoy!

Check out Crock Pot Girls website here http://crockpotgirls.com/ or find them on facebook for more recipes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns