Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Mama "Lucille"

Mama in her early 20's! Isn't she beautiful?




Mama - pic on her b-day last year - 90 years old!




Mama - pic on her b-day this year - 91 years old! She hasn't changed much has she? :)



Her birthday was Sunday August 30th - she turned 91 yrs old!! We cooked her brisket, potato salad & corn casserole (her favorites) she had apple pie & whipped cream for dessert! Yummy!

Her name is Lucille and she is...

A capable, intelligent and virtuous woman. She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls. Proverbs 31:10

wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother but mainly known as mama, granny and aunt cille...

sweet, precious, beautiful, talented, an intercessor, a prayer warrior, an amazing cook, a christian, she's a godly woman, a friend to many, an advisor, an encourager and she is so strong,


she has been a small business woman :) , clothing designer :) , a sunday school teacher and babysitter and so much more...


I am so thankful for God allowing her to be here with us for so long...we are believing God for many more years. I have asked her the secrets for a long life and this is what she said...


1. Obeying your parents - Ephesians 6:1-3

Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is just and right. Honor (esteem and value as precious) your father and mother - this is the first commandment with a promise - that all may be well with you and that you may live long on the earth.


2. Asking God to create in me a clean heart - Psalm 24:4-5 and Psalm 51:10-12

Who shall go up into the mountain of the Lord? Who shall stand in His Holy Place? He who has clean hands & a pure heart. He shall receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, perservering and steadfast spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence and take not your Holy Spirit from me. restore unto m e the joy of Your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit.

3. Thanking God for giving me a sound mind - 2 timothy 1:7

For God did not give us a spirit of fear but He has given us a spirit of power and love and a calm and well balanced mind and discipline and self-control.

So, I think we would benefit greatly from heeding those words of wisdom!!!!

I love her so much! She has blessed my life and the lives of so many others in SO many ways...Thank you mama for always being there for me, for taking me to sunday school all those years and most of all for introducing me to my Lord & Saviour! Because of you - I have been able to share the Lord with my children and they are doing the same. You will never know how many lives were touch by God's grace because of you! You are certainly far more precious than jewels! Your children arise and call you blessed!!!

My "mama" one of life's most precious treasures! I am looking forward to celebrating again next year with you!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful, emotional post!! What an awesome tribute to my Granny, your mama! I, too, love her and look forward to celebrating many more years with her! I am thankful that God chose her to be my Granny :-)She is truly an amazing, Godly woman, an example of His love on earth.

Unknown said...

Wow! What an awesome tribute to granny! She is such an inspiration to us all and I thank God for her! She is beautiful inside and out!

ittybittyaddition said...

This blog made me cry like a BIG baby! Thanks for writing it...she is such a special woman..whom I love VERY much!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns