Monday, September 21, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

Last Wednesday we were having our morning coffee when we were ambushed by Shelly & Logan! She is SO spontaneous and needless to say...I'm not! She said "It's a beautiful day, let's go to the zoo!" What!! Today?? Awww, come on Mom , it'll be fun! Let's go while Dad is home! It's my treat!! How could I resist?

I am proud to say that I got up, got dressed & finished my coffee and off we went to the zoo...just like that!

Logan will be five in December and this was his first trip to the Zoo. When we arrived he was so excited that he didn't know which way to turn! It was so much fun watching him run to see everything! He had so much energy!

We only had a few hours so we had to sort of rush...rush Paw-Paw that is :) he is sooooo slow! I guess he is afraid he will miss something! Hmmm...there may be some lessons in that!

So, a few hours at the zoo, a carousel ride (yes, we did - but we played it safe) a picnic on the grounds and then home, sweet home!

It was indeed a beautiful day! A day that the Lord had made and we chose to rejoice in it!

I am so glad that we decided to be spontaneous for a day!!






2 comments:

Shelly said...

It really was a great day! Thanks for sharing it with us!

ittybittyaddition said...

I love the pics..and the fact that you actually went on such short notice..hehe! Next time we will hopefully get to go!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns