Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oatmeal Krunchies

Just wanted to share a quick recipe with you! I was sitting around craving something sweet this afternoon and as usual there was nothing in my kitchen! So, I decided to see what I could come up with and I started rummaging through my old cookbook & my cabinets! Lets see, flour, brown sugar, vanilla...hmmmm, Kashi Cereal - who knows! Just figured the Kashi cereal would take the place of nuts :) and it did!

Here they are! I think they are worth sharing! They taste sort of like a granola bar only a little yummier!! Enjoy!



Oatmeal Krunchies

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oats
1/4 cup oil
2 Tablespoons milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1 to 1 1/2 cups (I just dumped what was left in the box) Kashi Go Lean Cereal (Honey & Almond Flax)

Mix first (3) ingredients. Add the oil, milk, egg, vanilla & melted butter. Mix well. Stir in the Kashi cereal & mix. Drop by rounded spoonfuls on baking sheet or stone (I love my stone by Pampered Chef) Bake at 375 for 10 -12 minutes.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh these were so yummy! And I ate so many that I almost barfed when I got home....not good, zero self-control...pray! haha

ittybittyaddition said...

No fair...thanks for making me HUNGRY!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns